#ENOUGH – Plays To End Gun Violence
Doors open at 6:30pm with staged readings beginning at 7pm.A post-show discussion featuring Aspire Health Partners and other local community leaders will begin following the readings.
Click Here to download our digital program.
CONTENT WARNING: These staged readings include gun shot sound effects, adult language, and content related to school shootings, racism, and gun violence.
Readings include the following pieces:
- Allegiance by Arianna Brumfield
- In My Sights by Tain Leonard-Peck
- Salted Lemonade by Taylor Lafayette
- It’s Okay by Anya Jiménez
- Rehearsal by Willa Colleary
- Southside Summer by McKennzie Boyd
- Undo, Redo by Cameron Thiesing
- Write Their Wrongs by Wyn Alyse Thomas
What are #Enough Plays?
#Enough Plays empower teens in grades 6-12 to confront gun violence and write new works of theatre that ignite critical conversations and inspire meaningful action.
The selected plays by teen playwrights were workshopped alongside professional playwrights and published in an anthology available for future productions.
These plays are performed by theatres, schools, colleges, and other organizations simultaneously across the country tonight as a part of an evening of reflection, dialogue, and action.
For more information please visit #ENOUGH