Post-Show Discussion Questions
We hope you enjoyed Orlando Family Stage’s production of Vote? By Eric Coble! Discuss the following questions after attending the performance.
- What specific things did you observe about the set and stage lights: color, shape, and texture? Did you see anything about the set or lights that you thought was unique?
- Vote? tells the story of a young woman’s journey throughout history. How did the production crew bring those different time periods to life? How did they use light, sound, the set, or other theatrical techniques to support the storytelling?
- Audiences meet historic heroes throughout the play from various turning points in United States history. What did you notice about their costumes? How did you know which characters were the heroes of the story? How did costumes, light, and sound help identify those individuals?
- What was Vote? about? Describe the beginning, middle, and end. What was the climax of the story? Why? If you had to summarize the play in one sentence, what would it be?
- Which character do you relate to the most? Why? What words describe that character?
- What did Nicole learn about herself in this story? What about Daniel? What was the moral or lesson?
- What did you notice about the actors and their performances? How did they use their voices and bodies to bring characters to life? All of the actors were double cast, which means they play multiple characters. What did you notice about their ability to step in and out of different characters? What made those moments successful?
- This play was filmed. What elements of the filmed production are different than if it were a live performance? How did Orlando Family Stage take advantage of this new medium?
Standards: LAFS.4-12.RL.1.1, LAFS.4-12.RL.1.2, LAFS.4-12.RL.1.3, LAFS.4-12.RL.2.6, LAFS.4-12.RI.1.2, TH.4.O.1.1, TH.4.C.3.1, TH.4.S.1.1, TH.4.S.1.3, TH.4.S.3.3, TH.5.O.1.1, TH.5.O.1.3, TH.5.O.3.1, TH.5.S.1.3, TH.5.S.3.3, TH.68.O.1.2, TH.68.S.2.3, TH.68.H.1.5, TH.912.C.1.3